Pleasant activities







You are probably all wondering, what is a pleasant activity? As some say triathlon is our life and we become so immersed into training and racing, it is nice to get away and switch off from thoughts/feelings related to this. Activities that make me feel a sense of enjoyment, relaxation and optimize recovery are important to have in our day to day life. These can be from baking, sleeping, sitting at a coffee shop or catching up on trashy tv. But one of my favourite activities is going home on weekends to see my family and friends. Like they say "home is where the heart is".




As soon as I pull up in the driveway, my dog is most likely the first one to greet me with a wagging tail and a bath full of dog saliva. Not sure why I had a shower before I left. She acts like I haven’t seen her in years and I know she has missed me. She is a pretty ideal sleeping companion when the floor feels more comfortable than the couch.





Although my house is no where near the beach, my pool is a place I like to go. I can muck around with the underwater camera, lay on a floatie, golfer watch or start some good banter with friends. My thoughts turn to "I really hope the golfers have good aim today". Not sure how nice a golf ball to the head would feel. :/ I like to challenge myself and my balancing skills. Approximately 30 minutes later I got up for enough time for a snap, before I face planted it in the water.



My family is an awesome support network. Even when I am tired Dad gives me piggy backs to get me from A to B. Not only does he give me travel options, Dad has perfected the timing of getting me a good steak. Abit easier than my brothers and my Mum’s burnt ones. Mum does me well, washing my sheets, towels and wet cycling clothes from that day, folding them up and putting them back in a bag for me to take down the next day. My brother Adam, is always offering for me to do on ridiculously long rides through the Blue Mountains. One day the legs might be able to stick with him for 8 hours… I am always very lucky to have my Nanna live 5 minutes down the road. She is one of my biggest supporters, is always around for a visit and up for a good board game.





It is always nice seeing old school friends around town and what they are doing with their lives. Crazy to think we finished school nearly four years ago! Always amazing to hear about their adventures and where they have been in the world. Home is now a little weekend getaway where I look forward to my own bed, home cooked meals, weekly gossip, some family time and where I can practice my circus life. So… what’s for dinner tomorrow ?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two weekends. Two races. Two second places

WTS Season!

WTS Abu Dhabi 2018 - my first WTS podium