The best of both worlds


Wollongong. The place I call home for 6 of the 7 days of the week. Living 1km from the beach at my home in Wollongong with the John and Christine O’Connell, I couldn’t ask for a better environment to be around on a day to day basis. Nothing beats jumping into 25 degree water to end the day to relax after a hard days training. Or jumping out on the surf board with John and attempting to catch a few waves! A big thank you to them for letting me in their family home for the next few months. My favourite is Saturday mornings when I get spoiled rotten with pancakes when I walk in the door from a hard ride.








I have been clocking up the km’s on the bike with the wizards girls and sometimes you even get a free mud bath to come with a long ride. People pay big bucks to get what we got off wheel sucking when it rains. ;) This ride is also one of my favourite and hardest rides of the week which is a 100km loop that involves QOM, some pace line efforts and mad mile to end the ride before some recovery on the way home. One of my favourite rides when I come home to Campbelltown is out to Burragong Lookout. No matter the weather or the off the chart elevation it is to get there, the view is always worth it at the top and so is the descent home. We have also started riding fixed gear bikes on the velodrome. It’s been a few years since I have ridden on one but once the nerves let go after a few laps, I am actually really enjoying having no brakes and do some fast pace sprints.
That one out of the 7 days of the week that I come home, I love having time to myself. Normally Sunday’s, I like doing some solo training or doing some specific strength work at home. Home is where the heart is and I love seeing my family, my dog and my friends when I come home. I couldn’t be any luckier that my home is only 40 mins away from Wollongong and I can drop by anytime I like to say hello and catch up with Mum and Dad.







My next race is this weekend in my home town of Wollongong for the Oceania Cup, then Mooloolaba World Cup and I am super excited to get a start in Auckland WTS!  It’s crazy how time flies as this time last year, I was planning my surgery on my hip. The biggest thing I learnt last year was that a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.  Time to get the 2015 started!! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two weekends. Two races. Two second places

WTS Season!

WTS Abu Dhabi 2018 - my first WTS podium